$488 Transmission Repair? How could you know? Watch this Video!
Free Towing on
all Major Repairs
3 Year / 36,000 Mile
Free Customer Pickup
& Drop Off Service
3 Important Houston Transmission Repair Money Saving Tips
First, though, as you will see reiterated throughout our website, PLEASE do not assume you need a transmission repair. If you call just any transmission repair shop in Houston, TX and TELL them you need a transmission repair, many shops WILL sell you a repair….or rebuild…even if you don’t need it. It’s best to tell a shop you are experiencing some problems and would like your transmission diagnosed.
- If you are having internal transmission problems, performing a service can make it worse and very possibly finish it off. Don’t throw your money away until you know what the problem is.
- “If you follow the recommended maintenance intervals, doing a scheduled flush is fine. But don’t start doing flushes if you’ve ignored the intervals. The grime and gunk that collects in unchanged fluid becomes the friction material in an aging clutch pack. Replacing the fluid could cause an old transmission to fail.”
- Consumer Reports “5 Auto Repair Shop Scams Your Mechanic Might Try” January 29, 2016 (Consumer Reports Article)
- A general auto repair shop was so confident the 5 speed manual transmission in a 2002 Honda Civic had a problem, they pulled the transmission out without having Eagle diagnose it first. They brought the transmission to us; we opened it up, inspected it and found NOTHING wrong. Turned out to be the shift cable and 8 hours of wasted labor. Keep in mind this is a reputable, ethical and quality based shop.
- A 2005 Chrysler Pacifica was told by 3 other shops, one of them was an actual transmission shop, that he needed a transmission rebuild. He worked at Sonic in Friendswood so he brought it to us. Turned out to be his MAP sensor which is so easy to change we showed him how and the best place to get the $30 part.
- A 2006 Toyota Corolla was told by the dealer they needed a new transmission. It wouldn’t move and made a loud grinding noise when they put it in gear. They brought it to Eagle Transmission Houston and it turned out to be a stripped out passenger side CV Axle for $320.
- A 2006 BMW 750Li was told by the dealer they needed to replace the transmission for $8500. Eagle found the real problem to be the Bridge Seal and replaced it for $630.
- 1988 Cadillac brought to us by a reputable general auto repair shop in Friendswood because it was stuck in 3rd gear (it was in fail safe mode). The A/C also wasn’t working. The Sr. Tech at Eagle determined in 20 minutes it was a blown A/C fuse. The car sensed a cooling issue with the car and put the transmission in fail safe to protect it. The car needed electrical work, NOT a transmission repair.
Putting it off out of FEAR
- The 2005 Chrysler Pacifica above is a great example of this. The MAP sensor helps determine engine load which determines fuel delivery and timing control. If fuel delivery and timing are off, it can “confuse” the transmission and make it put the car into too high or too low a gear and cause premature wear. If ignored, the $30 MAP sensor could turn into a burned up transmission.
Getting Sold things you don’t need
- We had to reseal and reassemble a transmission for 2004 Silverado 4X4 that had no problems. The car was towed to us from a national transmission chain store. They quoted her over $6000 for transmission, transfer case and u-joints and sold her an RDI (Remove, Disassemble and Inspect) to try and trap her into the repairs. The real problem was the transfer case that made the transmission feel like it was the problem. The customer called this national chain and TOLD them she had transmission problems and, GUESS WHAT, they were happy to sell her one. Eagle found no problems at all with the internal components of her transmission and she has not been back with any issues since (over 2 years ago). You can see her review of this issue on Google.
We’re the One’s to Trust
…because we don’t sell what you don’t need.
Live Feed from our Facebook Page
Feel free to play the videos below. Many come to our shop believing they have a transmission problem and through proper thorough diagnostics, we discover quick fix minor issues, saving customers hundreds to thousands.